Deadline: May 8, 2017
- Validation on the suppression effect of sorgoleon for nitrous oxide (N2O) emission using sorghum RIL strains with different abilities of the release.
Host Scientist: Dr. G. V. Subbarao
- Marker-assisted allelism test for resistance genes to soybean rust and development of resistance genes cassette.
Host Scientist: Dr. N. Yamanaka
- Construction of efficient saccharification process on lignocellulosic biomass using novel alkali-thermophilic anaerobic bacteria A7.
Host Scientist: Dr. A. Kosugi
The fellowship covers a period of one year starting from October, 2017 to September 30, 2018.
- A round-trip airline ticket (economy class) (not available for dependents)
- Living allowance: \7,700 per day (excluding housing allowance)
- Allowance: Based on regulations for government housing
- Facility: Tsukuba International House (TIH)
2-1-9, Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8601
- Insurance: Overseas travel accident insurance package for injury, sickness and damage (dependents not covered)
- Be a national of a developing country.
- Be currently employed in a research organization or university in the applicant’s home country where he/she is actively engaged in research relating to agriculture, forestry and fisheries. After the completion of the Fellowship, he/she must be willing to return to his/her country to continue to carry out research at the same research institute or university.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in a field relating to socio-economics, natural sciences or technology.
- Should be able to work exclusively on the research theme being applied for
- Should be in good health.
- Have an adequate command of English and/or Japanese language.
- Should be endorsed by the authority of the institution where the applicant is employed or affiliated.
Application Form and Related Documents
Accomplish the specified application form; select only one research theme from the list given. Applications with more than one research theme will be automatically disqualified. Send the following documents to the address given below:
- Application form
- Copy of publications (three most relevant only)
- Curriculum vitae [maximum of four pages; do not attach any certificate(s) /diploma(s)]
Application form (PDF)
Application form (Word)
Postal Address and Deadline for Application
To International Relations Section
Information and Public Relation Office
Research Planning and Partnership Division
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
1-1, Ohwashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8686, JAPAN
Note: Application by Fax and Email will NOT be accepted.
Deadline: Application documents must be received by May 8, 2017.
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the results of their applications in late May 2017.
For inquiries, contact us through the inquiry form provided in the JIRCAS web site. Inquiries relating to research themes will NOT be answered.
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.