Deadline: May 26, 2017
This annual award, which began in 2007, is organized and presented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan. Its purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries. Up to three young researchers who have shown
- outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing region, and who show great promise
- outstanding achievements in research and development that will lead to future technological innovation in agriculture, forestry, fisheries or related industries for a developing area, and who show great promise will be invited to Japan to attend the commendation ceremony this November and accept their awards and cash gifts (US$5,000 will be given per awardee).
- Should be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2017)
- Should be researchers who have the nationality of developing countries and/or territories, belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
- Should be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions
- Must be able to attend the commendation ceremony and deliver a lecture on November 2, 2017.
May 26, 2017 (Fri.)
Guidelines and application forms
|Application Guidelines for the 2016 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers||Guideline-2017_en.pdf||34KB|
|Instructions in the Preparation of Application Forms||Instruction_in_preparation-2017_en.pdf||92 KB|
|Form 1: Application form||Form1-2017_en.doc||230KB|
|Form 2: Self-Advertisement Sheet||Form2-2017_en.doc||145KB|
|Form 3: List of Research Achievements||Form3-2017_en.doc||145KB|
Submit applications and inquiry by post to
Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers Public Relations Office,
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
1-1, Ohwashi Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-8686 Japan
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.