Deadline: July 20, 2017
This scholarship was established in April 1988 with financing from the Japanese government. The aim is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters programmes in Engineering.
What it covers
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- Basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover dependents.
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Have gained admission to an approved masters at an approved academic institution.
- Have a bachelors degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the programme.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned.
- Staff of JSP-designated institutions can’t apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programmes or who have already completed graduate degree programmes.
- Undergraduate studies, distance learning programmes, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
For more information, see Japan Scholarship Program Frequently asked questions
- Applications have now closed for study commencing in 2017.
- For study commencing anytime in 2018, applications are now open and will close on 20 July 2017.
How do I apply?
Apply for admission online as an international applicant for one of the programmes listed above for the 2017 intake.
Complete the Application for Admission
Submit the following documents in support of your application:
- ADB-JSP information sheet
- Verified copy of your passport or birth certificate
- Academic transcript and completion certificate
- IELTS/TOEFL results
- A passport-size photo.
If you are successful in gaining admission to a postgraduate programme and receive an official offer of place from the University of Auckland, you may proceed to Step 4. If you are unsuccessful or receive a conditional offer do not proceed to Step 4 until you have fulfilled the condition/s of your offer.
Complete the application form and either post or courier with all required documents to the University.
Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Student Information Centre
22 Princes Street
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.