Deadline: May 14, 2017
How to apply
There are three stages to the application process
1) Online application
Complete your online application by Sunday 14th May 2017, 23.59pm (GMT).
If you are applying from Morocco or Tunisia the applications will close for these countries on Sunday 30th April 2017, 23.59pm (GMT) and if shortlisted from one of these countries you must be able to attend an event on Wednesday 17th May 2017.
India and Egypt are taking part in the programme but not in the open call. Applications from these countries may have a different eligibility criteria and application process.
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below and complete your online application, this will take you approximately one hour. You cannot save the application once you start it, therefore we suggest that you allocate enough time to complete the application all at once, or you work on your application outside of the system and when you are happy with it submit it online. Your online application must be completed in English.
The Programme is open to individuals of the participating countries who meet all the criteria below:
- Aged between 18 and 35 years old on the 14 May 2017.
- Be able to speak English at IELTS level 6 or equivalent (Generally you have an effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage and misunderstandings. You can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations).
- Hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from November 2017.
- Be based in one of the participating countries.
- Be available to travel to the UK for 9 days around the time of 18-27 October 2017.
- The applicant should not be currently employed by the British Council or be an immediate family member of a British Council employee. (In this case immediate family member is defined as one’s spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and immediate in-laws (mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law). Adopted children and stepchildren are also counted as immediate family members.)
Entry to the Programme is free of charge. The British Council shall arrange and pay for the travel of participants to the Programme in the UK. During the duration of the Programme participants will be provided with free accommodation and food.
How to apply
The Programme will be promoted through the Future Leaders Connect website www.britishcouncil.org/future-leaders-connect and the Websites and Social Media of the British Council offices overseas.To apply, participants must access the application link through the Eventsforce application tool and then follow these steps:
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Answer the contact and eligibility questions
- Provide personal data
- Answer the professional and academic background questions
- Answer the Application Questions
- Answer EDI questions (this is not compulsory)
- Complete needs assessment questions
- Submit the application form
Participants are responsible for ensuring they complete the form fully and correctly. Once submitted, there is no option to change or edit the entry. The participants cannot save and return to their application later.
Proof of identity and references will be required at a later date.
The main questions we will ask you as part of the applications are:
- Please tell us about one significant success you achieved while demonstrating leadership. Please tell us in no more than 250 words.
- Please tell us about one major global change you would like to see over the next 5 years. How will this impact your country? Please tell us in no more than 500 words.
- How would you use policy making or influencing to achieve this change? Please tell us in no more than 500 words.
- Please tell us how you might be able to cascade or share what you learn as part of this programme. What networks or groups might you share this with? Please tell us in no more than 250 words.
Deadline for online applications is Sunday 14th May 2017, 23.59 (GMT). If you are applying from Morocco or Tunisia the applications will close for these countries on Sunday 30th April 2017, 23.59pm (GMT).
If you have been unsuccessful at this stage you will be notified by us via email, we would encourage you to reapply next year should you still meet the eligibility requirements. We also recommend that you apply to other British Council programmes. All opportunities are advertised via our website www.britishcouncil.org and our social media.
You will be notified if you have been placed on the reserves list.
2) Finalists take part in events in their country
At this stage we will let you know if your application has been shortlisted or not.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to interviews and/or local event in your country (dates to be shared with those shortlisted). You will be invited to attend a local event or interview where you will have the opportunity to present your policy ideas to a panel of experts. Unfortunately if you are unable to attend this event your application cannot be progressed.
3) Future Leaders Connect members travel to the UK, nine days of development opportunities
At the country events we will make our final decision on who will be accepted to join Future Leaders Connect in the UK. The successful applicants will be notified and informed of all the information they need to know. Successful applicants will be asked to sign an agreement outlining their involvement and commitment to Future Leaders Connect. You will be expected to prepare to take part in conversations at the Conference in Parliament, as well as for the development sessions beforehand, where participants will share their experiences and expertise with each other. Before traveling to the UK, you will also have to apply for visas for travel and be in contact with the British Council on an on-going basis regarding logistics.
There will be a number of spaces available on the reserves list, this means that if any person is no longer able to participate in the UK programme then the reserve persons in that country will be contacted and invited to take up the place.
Read more on all of the Terms and Conditions for Future Leaders Connect (including: The programme/eligibility/application dates; How to apply/selection process; Personal data (part 1); Personal data (part 2); Publicity and visas; Photographs/filming/recording and liability and; General/programme rules/complaints).
Applications are open
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.