The Addax and Oryx Foundation is an independent Swiss non-profit foundation, registered in Geneva, Switzerland. We have been supporting projects run by non-profit organisations since 1996, with the aim of helping poor communities in Africa and the Middle East to sustainably rise out of poverty.
We are convinced that in the fight against poverty a virtuous circle of sustainable development can be created by working with communities to share and develop the basic knowledge, skills and conditions that empower them for the future.
The Addax and Oryx Foundation funds projects that:
- Are conducted by registered non-profit, non-governmental organisations (see also under Limitations and exclusions) with:
- Proven experience and competence in the proposed area of activity.
- Demonstrated budget efficiency and transparency in the use of funds.
- Contribute to the eradication of the root causes of poverty in Africa and the Middle East.
- Focus on the Foundation’s four core areas:
- Community development
- The environment.
- Create a sustainable and measureable impact for the most underprivileged populations.
- Ensure sustainable development by building skills and empowerment for the long-term.
The Foundation gives preference to projects that cover two or more of its core areas, and to small organisations run by highly committed individuals who are directly involved in the projects they propose.
The organisations it supports commit to biannual reporting on the progress of the project and the use of funds. The Foundation is strongly committed to efficient technical and financial management of the projects its finances
Limitations & Exclusions
The Foundation does not support:
- On-going programs
- Individuals or their families directly
- Religious or faith-based projects, programs or organisations
- Political organisations and/or events
- For-profit organisations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Unregistered charities
- Projects outside Africa and the Middle East
- Sports sponsorships
- Research when it is the project’s sole purpose
- Professional conventions, conferences, seminars
- Requests solely for travel, accommodation and/or meal expenses
- Requests solely for operating or administrative expenses
Selected projects are submitted to the Foundation’s Board, which meets 3-4 times per year. Once a project is approved by the Foundation’s Board, it is the subject of a Funding Agreement that defines precisely the duties of the implementing organisation towards the Foundation and vice versa. This implies an efficient and transparent use of funds with regards to the stated project objectives. The implementing organisation is required to provide biannual narrative and financial reports during the project and a final report three months following the end of the project. The Foundation commits to supporting the implementing organisation financially according to a jointly established schedule.
Submit a project
You have two options to submit a project:
- Fill out the Initial Funding Request form online.
- Upload an existing project proposal document, in line with the indications below.
The document contains the following compulsory information (maximum 10 pages, excluding annexes):
- Project title and country
- Summary (1 page maximum)
- Brief history of the organisation
- Brief description of the situation
- Project objectives and duration
- Project description
- Monitoring / evaluation
- Implementation timeline /schedule
- Appendixes (where relevant)
It has been brought to our attention that fraudulent messages occasionally circulate, indicating that payment is required by the Addax and Oryx Foundation for membership in order to submit a project proposal. We underline that the Foundation never requires any association to contribute or pay any expenses or fees towards submitting a funding request
Addax & Oryx Foundation
P.O. Box 351
1211 Geneva 12
T: +41 (0)58 702 90 00
F: +41 (0)58 702 99 83
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.