Deadline: April 15, 2017
This scholarship, provided by Shanghai government for international students studying in Shanghai, is in three types: A, B. Type A, exclusively for those who study for Master’s or Doctoral degrees, is full scholarship, including tuition, free accommodation,accident insurance, allowance for living; Type B, only for those who study fordegrees, is partial scholarship, only including tuition accident insurance
* Applicable Programs:
(1) Bachelor’s degree programs
(2) Master’s degree programs (except MBA and MTCSOL*)
Note: MBA is short for Master of Business Administration;
MTCSOL refers to Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
(3) Doctoral degree programs
Go to apply :www.study-shanghai.org/
* Scholarship Coverage:
(1) a waiver of tuition fee
(2) free on-campus dormitory accommodation
(3) Stipend: Bachelor: RMB 1100/ month; Master: RMB 1700/ month; PhD: RMB 2100/ month
(4) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
(1) a waiver of tuition fee
(2) Free on-campus dormitory accommodation
(3) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
* Schooling & Duration:
(1) Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
(2) Master’s degree programs: 2 to 3 years
(3) Doctoral degree programs: 3 to 4 years
Note: The actual scholarship duration is subject to the information on Admission Notice, which cannot be extended in general.
* When to Apply: from present to April 15, 2017(fall intake only)
* Applicant Eligibility:
(1)Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
(2) Not be an enrolled degree student in Chinese universities at the time of application.
(3) Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
(4) Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
(5)Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.
(6)Be excellent in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships offered by Chinese govern
* Contact Email：email@example.com
ALSO SEE: The Geneva Challenge 2017 (APPLY)
Scholarship Application Materials
- ID photo: one-inch certificate photo (390*570) with blue-color background
- CSC or SGS Scholarship Application form: Download after you finish your online application
- Passport copy
- Highest Degree Certificate and Transcripts: Notarized in English or Chinese
- Language Proficiency Certificate:
- HSK Certificate is required for Chinese-taught programs:
- HSK 4 above 180 Art/ BA of Chinese Language; HSK 4 above 195 for Science or Engineering; HSK 4 above 210 for Economics or Management; HSK 5 above 180 for Humanities.
- IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL IBT 80 or above for English-taught programs
- Supervisor Acceptance Letter:
- Study Plan or Research Proposal in China: Written in English or Chinese, including research achievements so far, reasons of choosing SHU, study and research plan, future career plan, etc.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Written in English or Chinese by two different professors or associate professors from previous academic institutions, or work supervisors, etc.
- Others (Refer to Departmental standards): Examples of Artworks (6 color pictures) or Music Work (1 audio tape) (Only for the applicants applying for Fine Arts and Music)
* How to apply
Step 1: Complete the online application procedure at SGS Online Application System (http://www.study-shanghai.org)
Step 2: Complete the online application procedure at Shanghai University online application (www.apply.shu.edu.cn).
Step 3: Complete the online payment for the non-refundable application fee RMB 500.
For more information, click here.
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.