Deadline: April 14, 2017
What is the KAUST Fellowship?
The KAUST Fellowship is the general scholarship program of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
All admitted students receive the benefits of the KAUST Fellowship which supports students for the duration of their graduate studies. The benefits of the KAUST Fellowship include:
- Full tuition support
- Monthly living allowance (ranging between $20,000-30,000 annual, depending on qualifications and progression through degree programs)
- Medical and dental coverage*
- Relocation support
* Charges may apply to dependent housing and medical and dental coverage.
The candidate must be:
- A citizen of an IDB member country (visit the IDB Merit Scholarship Program for a full listing of member countries)
- Age not over 35 years
- Engaged in full-time employment in an academic, research or development institute in the home country and the application is nominated by that institution
- Meets the eligibility criteria of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program
- Have a firm admission offer at the KAUST for a PhD program
Selection of candidates under this joint program will be within the scope of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program. Interested candidates must follow these criteria and procedures to apply for the scholarship. Information about IDB and KAUST is available from their respective websites.
What are the application requirements?
There are six components to the KAUST Fellowship application, including:
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- University provided official copy of Transcripts / Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Record from every institution previously attended. A scan of the transcript provided by the university in the native language must be uploaded into the online application form along with the certified English translation. Your transcript must include the university grading scale for all documents submitted. If offered admission, an official final transcript must be sent to the Office of Admissions prior to arrival (during the on boarding process) in a sealed envelope to:
Office of Admissions
Building 9, Suite 4335
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Thuwal, Jeddah 23955-6900
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS English language proficiency score (A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.)
- Official GRE scores (GRE submission is strongly encouraged and will enhance your application, but it is not a compulsory requirement for consideration.)
Islamic Development Bank
Al Malik Khalid Road,
Tel. (9662) 646 6833 / 6835
Fax. (9662) 646 6887
If you have questions concerning admission to KAUST please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See KAUST’s admissions requirements for more information.
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: email@example.com.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.