Anhui Government Scholarship Program for International Students is established to attract more international students to study and research in Anhui higher education institutions, improve international student education quality, strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between Anhui people and people from the rest of the world and expand the international influence of Anhui’s education.
ALSO SEE: APPLY: Ashoka Fellowship
|Categories of applicants:||This program sponsors international students who apply to study or have studied undergraduate or postgraduate programs in institutions of higher learning of Anhui Province (except those who have been sponsored by Chinese Government Scholarship Programs).|
|Values of scholarship:||Applicants for bachelor’s degree: 20,000 yuan/year
Applicants for Master’s degree: 30,000 yuan/year
Applicants for Doctoral degree: 50,000 yuan/year
|Criteria and Eligibility:||1. Applicants must be non-Chinese Citizens with foreign passports and valid Chinese visas, and should be friendly to China.
2. Applicants should have documents such as HSK certificate to prove that they have required level of proficiency in Chinese. (Limitations shall be relaxed if all the courses of the program the applicants study are instructed directly in English.)
3. Education Background and age limit
-applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 28.
-applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors and be under the age of 40.
-applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors and be under the age of 45.
4. Applicants should abide by Chinese laws and rules and regulations of the school and have good academic performances.
|Application and Assessment:||1. Scholarship quota is allocated by Anhui Provincial Department of Education to institutions of higher learning in Anhui recruiting international students at the end of November.
2. Colleges and Universities in Anhui recruit eligible international students or organize eligible international students at school to apply for the scholarship according to specified quota. Pre-admission lists should be submitted to the provincial department of education before Mid-June.
3. The Provincial Department of Education shall organize experts to conduct the assessment and send the result to each college or university at the end of June.
4. The Provincial Department of Education shall allot funds to each college or university according to the actual number of international students winning the scholarship in September. The scholarship shall be given to students by the school.
5. If the holder of the scholarship breaks rules, laws or regulations, the school shall report the infringement to the Provincial Department of Education to stop offering scholarship to that student.
6. The school should make a comprehensive assessment on holders of the scholarship to determine whether they are qualified to gain the scholarship in the next year. The result should be submitted to the Provincial Department of Education before the end of May in written form.
|Application documents:||Applicants must provide the following documents:
1. Application Form for Anhui Government Scholarship for International Students
2. Copy of Passport
3. Notarized highest diploma
4. Academic and school performance transcripts
5. Original recommendation letters
For detailed information about scholarship application, please consult the university you want to go or are studying in. Here is the list of contact information of some universities in Anhui:
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.