Deadline: March 10, 2017
Infrastructure Management Program (IMP) at Graduate School of Urban Innovation
IMP is an interdisciplinary program jointly organized by graduate schools of law, economics, business administration, engineering and environment. Stress is placed on management rather than engineering… Presently students are from Africa, Asia and Europe. Mid-career engineering professionals who have active role in their country’s development in the World Bank developing member countries are eligible to apply for IMP.
You are encouraged to apply for IMP if you intend to build bridges to the future in your countries. We look forward to seeing you in Yokoha… Read more.
The Application Guideline (IMP: Oct.2017-Sep.2019 )
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing;
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor;
N.B. The World Bank will request all successful candidates to provide a certificate of good health.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship Application Deadline;
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any other sources funded by the Government of Japan;
- Be employed in a paid and fulltime position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”;
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent fulltime paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country in “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be fulltime or paid; and
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline.
※ Priority Consideration will be given to applicants who:
(a) Are 35 years or younger;
(b) Can receive an official leave of absence during the period of study;
(c) Are planning to return to the equivalent position (including the current one) in their home country after s/he completes the program;
(d) Are recommended by appropriate government agencies; and
(f) Submit Official English proficiency Test Scores ,(TOEFL/IELTS)
N.B. It is strongly advised that successful candidates arrange for a leave of absence from their employer for the two-year period during which they are to participate in the program. This leave should assure their re-employment after completion of the program.
- Because the entire program is carried out in English, applicants must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence, either by enclosing the result of the official English proficiency examination or by proving that they have completed a university program conducted mainly in English. For English Proficiency Test Scores, only Original Official Certification issued by the Implementing Test Organs will be accepted instead of Photocopies and it must include your photograph.
- Letters of reference or recommendation from two different people must be provided to support the application. One of these must be from a person who has supervised the applicant in a work situation and the other from a professor at the university from which the applicant graduated.
- It is preferred that successful candidates arrange for a leave of absence from their employer for the two-year period during which they are to participate in the program. This leave should assure their re-employment after completion of the program.
The YNU program, which is specifically designed to meet the needs of students from developing countries under a scholarship program funded by the World Bank, offers lectures and laboratory work in the fields of engineering, economics, management and law. Students are also provided with the opportunity to learn practical Japanese, mathematics, computer techniques and other basic subjects. After the initial six months of schooling, students engage in internship programs related to their area of study… Read more.
Approximately 10 scholarships are allocated to the YNU program by the World Bank. Each scholarship provides a monthly allowance of JPY152, 000 and a round-trip air ticket to Japan plus a travel allowance of USD 500. The scholarship also covers tuition fees, the entrance examination fee and the admission fee.
Citizens of low and middle income World Bank member countries are eligible for the scholarships. Applicants must be age 45 or younger as of the Scholarship Application Deadline. Applicants must have at least three years of practical experience involving responsibility for infrastructure development and must also intend to pursue a career in the field of development.
The deadline of applications for the 2017-2019 program is 10th.March.2017.
When applying, applicants must submit the following documents to the Infrastructure Management Program Office, Graduate School of Urban Innovation:
* Signed checklist with completed return address labels, showing applicant’s current mailing address;
* Completed application form;
* Official transcripts showing the applicant’s academic performance in his or her undergraduate program;
* Certification of Graduation or and Copies of Diploma which should be including the title of Bachelor;
* Names and contact information of two recommenders;
* Evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence; and
The applicants may be asked to be interviewed by YNU academic staff via Skype, primarily for the purpose of ascertaining their proficiency in English.
* Research Plan
-Complete application packages, with all required material, must be postmarked no later than 10 March 2017. Late applications will not be considered… Read more.
Infrastructure Management Program
Graduate School of Urban Innovation
Yokohama National University
Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama 240-8501
-Please do not send applications by fax or e-mail.
-Recommenders must use the forms provided by us for the 2017-2019 program.
Note: Completed applications and supplementary materials cannot be returned.
The Forms of documents to be required can be download at the following Tab ↓
Program Calendar (2017-2019)
|2017||March||Deadline for application to the YNU program|
|2017||April||Scholarship Application Deadline|
|2017||May-June||Announcement of successful candidates|
|2017||October 1||YNU program begins
Preparatory courses, specialized courses, seminars and field trips
|2018||August and September||Summer break|
|2018||October 1||Specialized courses, seminars, practicum/internship and thesis writing|
|2019||August and September||Summer break|
|2019||September 31||IMP program ends|
Do you like this story?
Or do you have some exciting environment-related news or scholarships opportunities to share with Nigerian youths?
You are in the right place. We are always glad to hear from you.
Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org,