Deadline: January 15, 2017
These scholarships are funded by the Indian government through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, ICCR.
At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue under-graduate, post-graduate and higher courses.
The ICCR implements this scheme on behalf of the Ministry of External Affairs. Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following countries:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Republic of the Congo), Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, DR Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Please read the instruction before filling out the forms. Please also read the financial terms and conditions.
- The completed and signed application form which should be typed and not hand written along with other attachments must be e-mailed as a pdf document to the Embassy/ High Commission of India in your country. Six sets of hard copy of application along with 5 photographs should also be delivered to the Embassy/ High commission of India.
III. Please note that your application will be considered only after it is verified and recommended by the Embassy/ High commission of India.
- Please note that your placement to a particular educational institution/University will depend on the availability of seats and the course that you are choosing .Therefore, before filling your three choices, you are advised to check the Institutions/Universities available for the discipline that you intend to study. You may like to see a list of Institutions/ Universities where ICCR scholars are studying at present.
- Please also note that once you accept admission to a particular discipline in a particular institution, subsequent changes either in the institution or discipline would not be possible.
- Please note that no admission and scholarship is offered for MBBS / MD / MS / BDS courses.