Deadline: February 12, 2017
Federal Ministry of Education Federal Scholarship Board
Plot 245, Samuel Ademulegun Street, Central Business District, Abuja
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2017/2018 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award for:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Ukraine, Japan, and
- ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
2.0 All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page: .
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form d. Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below. NOTE/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
3.0 FIELDS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate level –
Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level –
(Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
4.0 CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
– All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
– Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016).
-Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
– All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
– The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
– All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Number of awards
Not specified, but several would be awarded
The duration ranges from 4 – 9 years depending on the course of study and the country
The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following;
- $500 monthly for supplementation
- $250 yearly for warm clothing
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- ii) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: stipenumhungaricum.hu before 10th February 2017 to complete the application form online • Print the completed form and bring to the venue in addition to 2.0 above.
5.0 VENUE OF INTERVIEW:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification.
Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) colourede passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates.
From 13th – 17th February, 2017
Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
– Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
– Data page of current International passport, and
– Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the following link to start application: www.education.gov.ng/fsb/bea/
– Candidates should Print the completed Application form
– Submit two set of the printed Application form at the venue of the interview as scheduled above
– BEA processing does not attract any processing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!
– Double Entries will be disqualified.