Deadline: January 06, 2017
Location: KU Leuven (Leuven)
Reference: (Ref. OZK-2016-52)
The lndustrial Research Fund (lOF) of KU Leuven provides funding for strategic basic research and applied research with the aim to develop knowledge that can be used for economic and societal valorization. To successfully manage the innovation/exploitation of the SideWaVe Program, we are recruiting an
Industrial Research Manager in the field of “Treatment and valorization of side and waste streams”
The continuously increasing public environmental awareness, stringent legislation on the emission of pollutants, and industry’s rapid conversion into sustainable production stimulates the development and implementation of innovative technologies for the treatment of industrial side and waste streams. Hereby, the destruction of hazardous pollutants (priority substances) and the recovery of valuable components are key objectives. The interdisciplinary SideWaVe Program was initiated within KU Leuven to respond to these industry driven challenges. The Program is supported by a consortium of two KU Leuven research teams with expertise in key enabling technologies in the fields of (bio)chemical process engineering and chemical analysis, specifically oriented towards environmental applications. To substantially increase the valorization output of the scientific research in the consortium, a permanent position for an Industrial Research Manager was created.
The Industrial Research Manager will take a leading role in managing and supervising the valorization of the research performed in the framework of the SideWaVe Program. He/she will be the principal contact person for industrial partners, and will coordinate the contacts and collaboration between industry and the applying research groups. He/she will be assigned multiple tasks including:
– daily management of the SideWaVe program
– taking a leading role in bilateral (contract) research with industrial partners
– taking a leading role in valorization of the research outcome (patents, licenses, spin-offs…) together with Leuven Research and Development
– the exploration of new funding opportunities and taking a leading role in writing valorization aspects of project proposals
– the promotion of the SideWaVe platform at conferences, networking meetings, on-site company visits
– the management of the SideWaVe website
– networking and identification of valorization opportunities within and outside KU Leuven
- You have PhD in chemical engineering, bioengineering, chemistry or equivalent with a proven research and grant writing track record (experience in writing successful EU proposals is a plus)
- You are pro-active, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You have profound knowledge of the domains relevant to the program: waste (water) treatment, environmental technology, environmental analysis and analytical chemistry
- You have at least 3 years of postdoctoral or industrial experience in related fields
- You have knowledge of intellectual property and regulatory aspects
- You have experience in technology transfer and exploitation of research
- You have experience in project management (scientific management, financial management, reporting and people management)
- You have experience with or are aware of the main funding channels within Flanders and Europe
- You have experience with presenting results and reports to industry and at (scientific) conferences
- You have experience in (industrial) contract research and good negotiation skills
- You can identify and preferentially have contacts with the key industrial players in Flanders and Europe
- You have experience in working with academic and industrial consortia
- You are fluent in English (both spoken and written). Fluency in Dutch or willingness to learn Dutch is an asset.
We offer a permanent position as lndustrial Research Manager of the lndustrial Research Fund (lOF) at KU Leuven. Travel abroad is part of the job.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Raf Dewil, tel.: +32 496 07 49 90, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Sammy Brié, tel.: +32 16 37 37 24, mail: email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than January 06, 2017 via the online application tool
Downloads : pdf