- The shift to a cleaner energy economy won’t happen overnight, and it will require tough choices along the way. But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact. And when our children’s children look us in the eye and ask if we did all we could to leave them a safer, more stable world, with new sources of energy, I want us to be able to say yes, we did.
~ Barack Obama
- Collective action remains the only viable option to addressing the challenges of global warming and the ever growing impact of climate change.
~ Muhammadu Buhari
- Look, it’s weather. We have bad floods. I can’t watch the evening news anymore. Every time you turn on the evening news, they show there’s a big rainstorm, there’s a tornado, there’s this. I mean, you can’t watch the news anymore. And so it’s weather, and it’s been that way for so long.
~ Donald Trump
- We do not have to choose between a healthy environment and a healthy economy.
~ Hilary Clinton
- The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive
~ Donald Trump
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
~ Mahatma Gandhi
- What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.
~ Chris Maser
- What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?
~ Henry David Thoreau
- In a Trump administration, there will be shared governance of our public lands and we will empower state and local governments to protect our wildlife and fisheries.
~ Donald Trump
- Conserving biodiversity is essential to maintaining our quality of life.
~ Hilary Clinton
- A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
- The earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.
~ Pope John Paul II
- Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.
~ Jimmy Carter
- People ‘over-produce’ pollution because they are not paying for the costs of dealing with it.
~ Ha-Joon Chang
- Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth… these are one and the same fight. We must connect the dots between climate change, water scarcity, energy shortages, global health, food security and women’s empowerment. Solutions to one problem must be solutions for all.
~ Ban Ki-moon
- Sooner or later, we will have to recognise that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What mankind must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans.
~ Evo Morales
- The most important thing about global warming is this. Whether humans are responsible for the bulk of climate change is going to be left to the scientists, but it’s all of our responsibility to leave this planet in better shape for the future generations than we found it.
~ Mike Huckabee
- A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.
~ John James Audubon
- Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land.
~ Aldo Leopold
- Energy conservation is the foundation of energy independence.
~ Tom Allen
- You will die but the carbon will not; its career does not end with you. It will return to the soil, and there a plant may take it up again in time, sending it once more on a cycle of plant and animal life.
~ Jacob Bronowski
- Earth does not belong to us: we belong to the Earth.
~ Marlee Matlin
- You cannot achieve environmental security and human development without addressing the basic issues of health and nutrition.
~ Gro Harlem Brundtland
- Sadly, it’s much easier to create a desert than a forest.
~ James Lovelock
- But reducing harmful emissions, abating our dependence on foreign oil and developing alternative renewable energy sources have benefits that go beyond environmental health, they improve personal health, enhance national security and encourage our nation’s economic viability.
~ Jim Clyburn
- There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.
~ Mother Teresa
- We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
~ Native American Proverb
- When is the best time to plant a tree? …Twenty years ago. The second best time is…now!
~ Chinese Proverb
- To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.
~ Terry Tempest Williams
- We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment.
~ Margaret Mead
- Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
~ Steve Jobs
- When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves.
~ David Orr
- Scientists may depict the problems that will affect the environment based on available evidence, but their solution is not the responsibility of scientists but of society as a whole.
~ Mario Molina
- A healthy ecology is the basis for a healthy economy.
~ Claudine Schneider
- But what I am trying to do, literally all the time, is to prove that saving the planet is better economics than burning it up. Not 10 or 20 or 50 years from now — [but] now.
~ Bill Clinton
- We need scientists to design new fuels. We need farmers to help grow them. We need engineers to invent new technologies. We need entrepreneurs to sell those technologies. We need workers to operate assembly lines that hum with high-tech, zero-carbon components. We need builders to hammer into place the foundations for a clean energy age. We need diplomats and businessmen and women, and Peace Corps volunteers to help developing nations skip past the dirty phase of development and transition to sustainable sources of energy. In other words, we need you.
~ Barack Obama