Deadline: June 15, 2017
To qualify for the international elite graduate program Global Change Ecology (M.Sc.) requires
1. an excellent Bachelor’s degree in biology, hydrology, meteorology, environmental physics, environmental informatics, geoecology, landscape ecology, geography, science of forestry or agricultural science or an equivalent degree, and
2. the successful passing of an aptitude assessment test (Eignungsfeststellungsprüfung) for the international elite graduate program Global Change Ecology at the University of Bayreuth.
15 June 2017 for winter term 2017/2018
1. Application form, signed
2. Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) stating the skills and expertise that qualify you for the study program,
3. Bachelor certificate including academic transcript (copy),
4. Confirmations of stays abroad, internships and language courses (if applicable),
5. Names and mailing addresses of two scientific referees,
6. Certificate of general university entrance qualification* (copy) as additional information,
7. Curriculum vitae (containing a photo) as additional information.
* The “certificate of general university entrance qualification” means a document that allows you to enroll in a University, usually a high school diploma (equivalent to the German “Abitur”, containing subjects and grades) and/or an university entrance test.
If you have questions about the application, see the FAQ.
Aptitude Assessment Procedure:
You will have to pass an aptitude assessment test consisting of two parts, a pre-selection by means of the application documents and, in case of a positive result, a colloquy.
The application documents (Bachelor certificate and letter of motivation) are each graded in a decimal, five-step scale from 1 = very good to 5 = not sufficient. In case of applicants (or degrees) from foreign countries grades are converted using country-specific factors. If the sum of the single-weighted letter of motivation and the single-weighted Bachelor certificate does not exceed 4.0 points, he or she will be invited to an individual colloquy (interview, 20-30 min.). Only if the colloquy is graded by “very good” or “good” (1.0 or 2.0 in the five-step scale mentioned above) and the sum of the single-weighted interview and the single-weighted Bachelor certificate does not exceed 4.0 points the whole aptitude assessment procedure is completed successfully.
As a matter of course both, the letter of motivation has to be be written and the colloquy has to be be attended in English.
For further inquiries regarding to the application form or to the assessment procedure please mail to or call:
Tel.: +49 (0)921 55-2306
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.