Deadline: February 2, 2017 (9 a.m. GMT 1)
The Admissions Office at the University of Gothenburg administers scholarships intended for fee-paying applicants, who have applied in the first admission round via universityadmissions.se for one or several two-year Master’s Programmes with entry autumn semester 2017.
The Admissions Office at the University of Gothenburg administers four types of scholarships:
- The University of Gothenburg Study Scholarship, which is funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education, and covers the complete tuition fee for a study programme at the University of Gothenburg.
- A scholarship funded by Adlerbert Foundations, which contributes to accommodation expenses for all the applicants who have been granted the University of Gothenburg Study Scholarship.
- A scholarship funded by Adlerbert Foundations, which covers the complete tuition fee for a study programme at the University of Gothenburg and contributes to accommodation expenses.
- A scholarship funded by Adlerbert Foundations, which is specifically intended for applicants who are citizens of an annual prioritized country from the OECD/DAC list, that and covers the complete tuition fee for a study programme at the University of Gothenburg and contributes to living and accommodation expenses.
How to apply
Access to the scholarship application form will be enabled as soon as the scholarship application period opens January 17, 2017 (9 a.m. GMT 1.).
You can apply for all four scholarships, however it is only citizens in a country on the OECD/DAC list that can apply for the fourth scholarship option.
Please note that you must first apply via universityadmissions.se for one or several two-year Master’s Programmes, with application deadline January 16, 2017, before applying for our scholarships. Once you have applied for studies you will receive an application number which is required in the scholarship application.
When submitting your scholarship application, the following documents (PDF) must be included:
- Copy of valid passport.
- CV, with an overview of academic records and experiences of organizational and/or professional life.
- Letter of motivation, with focus on academic achievements and academic and organizational and/or professional aims and ambitions (approximately 500 words).
Please note that your academic qualifications should be submitted no later than February 1, 2017 to University Admissions in Sweden along with your supporting documents for the programmes which you have applied for, according to the instructions at www.universityadmissions.se. The University of Gothenburg will have access to your academic qualifications via University Admissions in Sweden – we kindly ask you not to attach them to your scholarship application.
To be eligible for the scholarship selection process, you must meet the entry requirements and be admitted in the first selection to a two-year Master’s Programme at the University of Gothenburg which you have applied for, in the first admission round with application deadline January 16, 2017. Scholarships are offered to applicants demonstrating a high level of academic performance. The selection process consists of an assessment made by academic and administrative staff at the University of Gothenburg.
Priority is given to those who apply to the University of Gothenburg as their first choice.
Scholarship applicants that hold a Syrian citizenship and have applied for the scholarship specifically intended for applicants, who are citizens of an annual prioritized country from the OECD/DAC list, will be prioritized in the scholarship selection process for 2017.
The selection process takes place in early spring, i.e. during the same period of time that the applications for programme studies are processed. Scholarship notifications are sent out via e-mail around the same time as the Second Notification of Selection Results is published.
Scholarship offers are only valid for studies starting autumn semester 2017. It is not possible to defer a scholarship offer.
Please note that fee-paying applicants who have been offered a scholarship from the Swedish Institute are not eligible for the scholarships mentioned above.
Questions? Contact us
If you have any questions regarding the scholarships, feel free to email us at email@example.com.